SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#181988 - 04/12/05 07:09 AM "Data hasn't been loaded properly" error
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Midi song created on psr740. Four of them are on the disk. Stick the disk in psr2000, I very briefly (as in a flash) see the song title properly but then "Data hasn't been loaded properly" error.

This song I want is named, others are 'song001.mid,' 'song002.mid,' etc. I copied all to computer, then put the named one on a floppy. Same error. Then loaded another file, 'song001.mid' and did NOT get the error. All the other songs load and play okay.

Question is, is there anything I can do for this file that generates this error. Only reason I ask is because wouldn't you know it, it took me weeks to nail this 'perfect' recording of this song I wrote. I don't know if I have it stored anywhere else.

#181989 - 04/12/05 07:30 AM Re: "Data hasn't been loaded properly" error
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Semi,

You could give GNMidi a try. It has a "Check all Midi files" function that will try to repair damaged files if the damage is not too extensive.

http://www.gnmidi.com/

I've got it here at work. If you want to send me one, I'll run it and report back what it finds.

-mike

#181990 - 04/12/05 08:33 AM Re: "Data hasn't been loaded properly" error
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
STRANGE! I sent the file to Mike. He reported back that it is a TEXT file, not midi. That blows my mind.

I opened the file and yep, it's text but it's something I don't understand. This is copied from the file...

"Life With Love And You",
"C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\bill\songs_orig_recorded\LifeWith.MID"
"2/15/2004"
"'LIFE WITH LOVE AND YOU'

"(c) Copyright 2004 All rights reserved 14/a-d/74/-4
"
"I have climbed a mountain"
"Just to see what I could see"

That's just the first two lines. Anyone have any idea what this is? The words "I have climbed a mountain" and "just to see what I could see"... those are the first two lyric phrases. The numbers in there, I have no clue what that is.

I mean, I have no recollection of doing anything with a lyric. I type my lyrics and save them as text files. I record my keyboard recordings on the keyboard and they obviously become .mid files. This looks like something was combined?

I have no recollection if I have ever used any program to do that. Maybe I did but I don't remember it.

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 04-12-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online